Become a Member
Domestic Workers United is a membership organization, made up of nannies, housekeepers, and elder care givers who are organizing for power, respect, fair labor standards, and to help build a movement to end exploitation and oppression for all. If you are a domestic worker, we invite you to get involved and be a member of DWU. By becoming a member you will learn more about your rights as a worker, have access to free legal support, and build your leadership alongside other domestic workers in the struggle for dignity, respect, and fair labor standards.
I WANT TO BE A MEMBER!
THANK YOU FOR SIGNING UP, PLEASE JOIN US AT OUR NEXT GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING:
Saturday, September 19th @ 1:30 pm to 4 pm
Caribbean Gallery at Brooklyn Public Library, Flatbush Branch
22 Linden Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11226
Benefits of being a member of DWU:
- Get access to free legal consultation and services in the event that your rights as a worker have been violated
- Receive support around employer negotiation, writing contracts, resume writing and job searching
- Get important information about local, state and national policies impacting domestic workers and be supported to raise your voice to make a difference
- Join work committees and participate in organizational decision making and planning at our annual Membership Assembly
- Get discounted rates for job training programs like our annual Nanny Course and Household Management course
* Membership dues are only $5 a month. Membership dues are waived if you are unemployed.